Formax FD 324 Desktop Paper & Document Folder
- SKU: BESFD324
- Max Paper Weight: 112 g/m²
- Max Paper Size: 12" x 18"
- Adjustment: Manual
- Feed Type: Friction
- Fold Types: Letter, Half, Z-fold, Double Parallel
- Sale price
- Sale price
- Unit price
Description of the Formax FD 324 Paper Folding Machine
The FD 324 Document Folder offers an unmatched level of performance and affordability. This rugged, compact unit processes up to 8,600 sheets per hour and can accommodate paper sizes up to 12” x 18”. The removable fold plates are clearly marked with four common fold settings for Letter, Zig-Zag, Double Parallel, and Half Fold, in 11", 14" and 17" paper sizes. Quick release fold stops and fine tune adjustment knobs ensure crisp, accurate folds every time.
Designed with ease of operation in mind, it utilizes a three-tire drop-in feed system, eliminating the need to fan paper. Simply square the paper stack and load it into the feed tray. The LCD control panel features a 3-digit resettable counter with AutoBatch, which allows users to process a specific number of sheets with a pause between sets, ideal for groups of flyers or mailings. In addition, the output conveyor includes easily adjustable stacker wheels for neat, sequential stacking of folded pieces.
The FD 324 is constructed with a durable all-metal frame and side covers. The three-tire friction feed system accurately pulls paper into the folder, while the skew knob allows for moving the feed table left or right, to adjust for minor misalignments. Clearly-marked fold settings and simple out-of-the-box operation make the FD 324 a perfect addition to schools, churches, and offices looking for easy setup and minimal adjustments.
- Fixed Speed: Jobs are processed quickly at speeds of up to 8,600 pieces per hour.
- LCD Panel: Keeps an accurate tally of pages processed, with a resettable counter.
- Output Conveyor: Adjustable stacker wheels provide neat, sequential stacking of folded documents.
- Drop-In Feed System: A three-tire drop-in feed system produces dependable feeding of forms with no fanning required.
- Paper Sizes: Handles paper sizes up to 12" x 18".
- Intuitive Graphic Fold Guide: Icons on the chart match those on the fold plates for easy setup.
- Pre-Marked with 4 Standard Folds: Letter, Zig-Zag, Half, and Double Parallel, in 11", 14" and 17" sizes.
- Three-Tire Friction Feed System: Accurately pulls paper into the fold rollers.
- Quick-Release Fold Stops: Simply pull the knob, slide the fold stop to the correct setting, and release.
- AutoBatch: Process a specific number of sheets with a pause between sets, for easy unloading.
- Fine-Tuning Knobs: Located on the end of each fold plate to allow for precise adjustments.
- Rugged Construction: All-metal frame and side covers for durability.
- Quick, Easy Setup: Clearly marked fold settings and removable top and bottom fold plates.
- Skew Adjustment: Moves feed table left or right to adjust for minor misalignments.
Please select your preferred download file for the FD 324 from the list below.
- Spec Sheet for the Formax FD 324 Folder (PDF file)
- Operators Manual for the Formax FD 324 Folder (PDF file)
For additional resources, please see:
|Fold Speed||8,600 sheets per hour|
|Hopper Capacity||Up to 500 sheets 20 lb (75 gsm)|
|Fold Types||Letter, Zig-Zag, Half, Double Parallel|
|Accepted Paper Weight||Up to 30 lb (112 gsm)|
|Accepted Paper Sizes||
Min: 4" W x 5" L
Max: 12" W x 18" L
|Product Weight||75 lbs|
|Product Dimensions||33" L x 18.5" W x 22" H|
|Voltage||120VAC 60 Hz|
|Shipping Weight||85 lbs|
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
How many pages can this fold at once?
One piece at a time, very rapidly. The overwhelming majority of customers seeking to fold sets of paper are then stuffing them into an envelope, which is the domain of a folder-inserter. Some paper folders offer multisheet folding capabilities but they come with a lot of caveats. Feel free to reach back out to us if you would like to explore folder-inserters or paper folders with multisheet feeders.