Proton 8000 Degausser (Discontinued)
Basic Degausser Specs
- Low-noise, compact with industrial strength flux fields
- Foot-control for hands-free operation and can degauss a wide range of magnetic media, including 1/4", 1/2", and 2" thick reels and up to 16" diameter reels.
- Large work surface with operating instructions in full view, and a degaussing coil current monitor providing visual information of full degauss levels.
- A 'soft-start' design solves circuit-breaker problems at turn-on has maximum erasure field plus maximum erasure time.
- It shreds computer media including compact cassettes, QIC, DC600, 2000, Tk50, 70, 85, 3480/3490/3950E, 4mm/8mm, Extrabyte/Travan, and any Type I, II or III computer media in addition to 3"½ and 5"¼ hard drives.
- Broadcast and video media to shred include VHS, S-VHS, U-matic, U-matic SP, 1", 2", B, and C format, Beta SP M1/M3, D1, D2, D3, DVC-PRO, R-DAT, Pancakes, and 16" Mirror Mother Master Tape
- Weight: 65lbs
The Proton 8000 Degausser permanently destroys data contained in both hard drives and magnetic media in a convenient tabletop form.
- Regular price
- Sold out
- Sale price
- Unit price
Secured & Safe Checkout :
Description of the Proton 8000 Hard Drive and Magnetic Media Degausser
This tabletop degausser is compact and quiet, yet still powerful enough to completely erase data from hard drives (3 1/3" and 5 1/4") and a variety of magnetic media. Reels of tape from 1/4" to 2" thick and up to 16" diamater can be degaussed easily using the handy foot-control mechanism, keeping the process remarkably hands-free. Other magentic media that the Proton 8000 will degauss include VHS tapes, compact cassettes, and any Type I, II or III computer media. Although compact, the Proton 8000 degausser has a large work surface to allow you to degauss various sized magnetic media. What's especially helpful is the status indicator, which will confirm operation and provide visual confirmation of degaussing levels.
|Erasure Capabilities||hard drive, magnetic media|
|Magnetic Flux Density||8,000 Gauss|
|Magnetic Field Intensity||2,667 Oe|
|Duty Cycle||On 20 min, off 20 min|
|Manufacturer Part Number||8000|