Cumberland 14x56 Thermoforming Granulator
- SKU: NDS14X56
This product has limited availability and is build-to-order. Please call us at (800) 243-9226 or fill out the Request a Quote form, below
Call us at (800) 243-9226
- Fast Shipping
- Product Support
- Price Match Guarantee
- Experienced Team
Description of the Cumberland 14x56 Thermoforming Granulator
When size reduction is part of the manufacturing process, it is necessary to handle a diversity of thermoformed materials. The Cumberland 14x56 Thermoforming Granulator is capable of managing thermoformed materials, but also extruded scrap, sheet, web, and edge trim. It will manage up to 13mm of thick and flat sheet and uses an unwind stand to feed everything from fibers and foils to amorphous film and wider segments of hard plastic.The throat size of the Cumberland14x56 thermoforming granulator is an impressive 356 x 1422mm and it sends materials into a two bed knife cutting chamber that features its own 360mm cutting circle. The rotor is also equipped with three-knife Twinsheer blades crafted of HCHC and set in a Chevron pattern. The bed knives are made of durable HCHC as well and meet the rotor knives to create maximum reduction with lower power consumption. The cutting chamber is designed for optimal results and is finished to a high sheen without any unfinished welds that can lead to snags or jams. The rotor too is made of high alloy steel and has knives that are bolted to the rotor itself with alloy steel bolts.
Solid construction is a hallmark of this unit and the main frame is bolted and doweled while the roller bearings and flywheels are larger and heavy duty. This construction also means that the Cumberland 14x56 Thermoforming Granulator is capable of operating at a noise level that can be at 85 decibels or less. The machine is designed for tremendous ease of use with a removable front panel that opens access to the cutting chamber and the cradles for the screens. The screens utilize a swing down design and heavy duty cradles. They feature 10mm openings, though standard options make other sizes and styles available. The unit has a throughput of 900kg per hour (almost 2k pounds) and this material is directed into a 203mm Airveyor chute. The unit operates with simple start/stop buttons and has full safety interlocks. Though it is loaded with features, the standard options or upgrades include a dual feed hopper, feed or paddle rolls, rotor and bed knives made of HCHC with TCSC, heat treated screens of stainless steel and with openings ranging from five to 76mm, larger chutes, blowers, separators, soundproofing, and more.
- Rotor is open (wing) type design manufactured in high alloy steel.
- The inside of the cutting chamber is machined to an exceptionally high finish. No unfinished welds.
- Removal of front panel gives quick access to cutting chamber and swing-down screen cradle for ease of service and cleanout.
- The rotor knives are bolted to the rotor with high strength alloy steel bolts.
- Double sealed, outboard mounted, heavy-duty spherical bearings prevent bearing contamination.
- 3 Chevron-positioned rotor knives scissor cut against the bed knives to provide optimum cutting efficiency, with low power consumption.
- The heavy-duty construction allows these granulators to attain noise reduction of 85 dBA or less for most applications.
- Open-wing rotor produces high quality granulate.
- Rugged, bolted, and doweled main frame construction. Larger, heavyduty spherical roller bearings and flywheels.
- Reinforced, heavy-duty screen cradle.
- Pivoting hopper facilitates cleanout and/or maintenance.
- Optimum cutting efficiency with Twinshear knife configuration.
|Max Throughput||2200 lbs./hr|
|Feed Opening/Throat Size||356 x 1422 mm|
|Cutting Chamber||2-Bed knife, Twinshear|
|Rotor Knives||HCHC, 2-edge|
|Screen||10 mm dia., swing down|
|Base||Low profile Airveyor|
|Discharge||203 mm Airveyor chute (14x56)|
|Accessories||Blower, Separator, Common Stand, Soundproofed (80 dBA), integral blower|
|Manufacturer Part Number||14x56|
|Weight||11,500 lbs. (5227 kg)|
|Voltage||240 or 400 volt, IP-55, Special voltage, energy saver, reduced voltage starter|
|Search Terms||cumberlandgranulator, thermoform, thermoformgranulator, cumberland14x56, 14 x 56, 1456|