Cumberland CT-5070 Tangential Granulator (CT500 Series)
Features of the Cumberland CT-5070 Tangential Granulator (CT500 Series)
- The CT500 Series includes 715mm (28"), 915mm (36") and 1220mm (48") wide models for a wide range of applications
- Motor range includes 30kW (40hp), 37kW (50hp), 45kW (60hp), 55kW (75hp), and 75kW (100hp) TEFC motors
- Offset cutting chamber, 2 Twinshear™ bed knives, top access: single edge, HCHC
- Cutting chamber geometries are available for tangential, offset, and 3-bed knife orientations
- Standard configuration is sound suppressed, with option for full sound enclosed configuration
- Large 500m (20") cutting circle for enhanced part ingestion
- Discharge is right-hand or left-hand regardless of motor placement
- Innovative design creates enlarged screen area via segmented swing-down reversible screens which provides optimized accessibility, increased throughput and minimal clean out and maintenance access time
- Industry leading unique design enhances safety measures and easy use
- Rotational side walls prevent friction and smearing, and improve granulating. Outboard bearing mounting increases bearing protection to the highest level, and makes for easy maintenance
- Open wing rotor style enhances throughput while increasing cutting performance
- Mechanical rotor lock for maintenance
- Air purge bearings for cooling and contamination
CT500 Tangential Series central granulators: offering superior quality & performance and ease of accessibility.
Secured & Safe Checkout :
Description of the Cumberland CT-5070 Tangential Granulator (CT500 Series)
When you need the widest possible variety of applications in size reduction and granulation, the Cumberland CT500 Series Granulators are a "go to" solution. Not only are they among the most innovative on the market, but they are also some of the most flexible in terms of features and ease of use. Consider that the Cumberland CT-5070 Tangential Granulator is equipped with 20" x 28" cutting chamber, but also with a unique offset cutting function. The two Twinshear bed knives and three rotor knives work inside of the 20" diameter cutting circle for maximum processing. The rotary side walls also ensure that quality is maintained and the unit can be setup to discharge to the right or left, depending upon user need.
Materials are safely fed into the hopper, which can be accessed through a rear or front door for cleanout and maintenance. The security features of the Cumberland CT-5070 Tangential Granulator are so reliable that the machine rarely experiences down time. There is a mechanical rotor lock for maintenance. The standard motor is a 40HP model, but there are several upgrades available. The throughput for this model is around 900kg per hour (roughly 2000 pounds) and this is cut to precision thanks to the open wing rotor and impressive design. The screens are also designed of the utmost quality and use an enlarged area that is accessible via a swing down panel. The screens are reversible as well, reducing operating costs over the long term.
Though the Cumberland CT-5070 Tangential Granulator is the smallest unit in the CT500 Series, it is ideal for almost any application right out of the box. However, there are many standard options available. These include a five knife open rotor that uses single edge HCHC blades, motor upgrades ranging from 50HP to 100HP, full sound enclosure configurations are available, and the motor mount is flexible to accommodate the manufacturing process. There is a lot to say about the Cumberland CT-5070 Tangential Granulator and one of the most significant is that it is rugged and powerful. It is meant to perform reliably and continuously over the long term. If you need to handle size reduction of many different materials, this is going to be a very appealing line to choose.
Line Drawings & Dimentions for CT-5070 Series Granulators
|36" (915mm)||90.4" (2295mm)||8" (200mm)||4" (1016mm)|
|Max Throughput||up to 900 kg/hr (2000 lbs./hr)|
|Cutting Chamber||508mm x 712mm (20” x 28”|
|Rotor||3 or 5 knife, open rotor|
|Search Terms||cumberlandct, cumberland5070, cumberlandct5070, ct5070, ct500series, ct-500, tangentialgranulator, ct5070granulator|