Cumberland 74U Thermoforming Granulator (U-Series)
Features of 74U Thermoforming Granulator (U-Series)
- 3-knife “open" Twin Shear rotor, optional
- 5-blade open rotors are available
- Bolted and doweled construction
- Pivoting screen cradle
- 2 bed knives - reversible D2
- Rotor knives hi-angle
- Feed roll motor (3 HP AC)
- Over-sized 7" diameter steel knurled feed rolls,optional paddle rolls are available
- 12" cutting circle
- Low profile caster base
- NEMA 12 controls
- 8" pneumatic discharge
- 1 year warranty on parts and labor
The U Series Thermoforming granulators offer a wide range of capabilities and are ideal for under-the-press or in-front-of-the press applications
Secured & Safe Checkout :
Description of the Cumberland 74U Thermoforming Granulator (U-Series)
Cumberland 74U Thermoforming Granulator offers a 74mm wide throat that serves as the feed area. Located at the top of the machine, it is outfitted with a 3HP feed roll motor that guarantees even processing and helps to prevent jamming. The materials are then taken into the working envelope where the rotor and bed knives do their work. The rotor is equipped with three hi-angle Twinshear blades and the bed features two reversible D2 knives. The cutting circle is an ample 12", promising maximum processing. Your materials are then sent through the 8" pneumatic discharge conveyor. The throughput rate for the Cumberland 74U Thermoforming Granulator is at least 1361kg (3000 pounds) per hour, and operations are managed through the NEMA 12 controls. The materials are screened according to specific requirements and the machine comes with a reversible screen at the diameter necessary for the process. The screens are reversible, and along with the bed knives, this indicates that the Cumberland 74U Thermoforming Granulator has been designed to give optimum performance at an affordable cost. Accessibility is also a major issue with this machine and from the pivoting screen cradle to the readily accessible controls, rotor, and motor, it is clear that it can meet many different needs.
Of course, not all machines are ideally suited when they are "out of the box," and the Cumberland 74U Thermoforming Granulator can be upgraded with some standard options. These include the five blade open rotors, paddle rolls instead of the standard steel rolls, and upgraded controls and electronics. The castered base can be put to use in relocating the unit for various uses, and durability is guaranteed thanks to the bolted and doweled construction of the sturdy and low profile base. If you need reliable and continuous processing of thermoform scrap in a compact and mobile unit, the Cumberland U Series is the best place to start looking. The 74U is the largest model in this line and is going to provide long term use, affordable operating costs, easy upkeep, and uniform results.
- The two pivoting doors offer complete access into the bottom of the cutting chamber (screen cradle and screen). The larger 12" (305mm) cutting circle and open screen area allow maximum throughput.
- Two swing open doors allow easy access to the screen cradles and screen.
- The 3-blade open rotor with Twinshear cutting geometry offers quieter, cooler operation and is ideal for polypropylene.
- Pneumatic upper hopper opening allows for easy access. Rotor and bed knives are easily accessed by tilting open the upper chamber
Line Drawings Cumberland U Series Granulators
|Max Throughput||3000lbs (1361 kg)|
|Feed Opening/Throat Size||12" x74" (305mm x 1880mm)|
|Cutting Chamber||121" x 73" (3073mm x 1854mm)|
|Rotor||3-knife open Twin Shear (standard), 5-knife open Twin Shear (optional)|
|Rotor Knives||3 (HCHC)|
|Base||Low Profile Caster|
|Drive Parts||5 hp (3.7 kW) AC|
|Weight||8000 lbs (3629 kg)|
|Voltage||230/460V: 115V P/B(standard); 208/575V: 115V P/B(optional)|
|Search Terms||cumberlandgranulator, thermoform, thermoformgranulator, cumberland74u, 74-u, useries|