Cumberland 2036TF Medium Tangential Granulator (Tangential Series) (Discontinued)
Features of Medium Tangential Granulators
- Tangential feed cutting chamber
- Large 20" cutting circles on rotor for efficient processing of large bulky products
- Integral full machine sound enclosures
- Different Motor options with adjustable throughput: 30 HP one is good for 1400 lbs./hr (630 kg); 40 HP one is good for 2000 lbs./hr (907kg)
- Front access doors with safety interlocks
- Dual bed knives - counter slant,reversible and adjustable, doubling knife life
- Convenient lower height of 63"
- Fully sound-dampened to 85dBa or less for most applications
- Machine bolted/doweled assembly for ease of cleaning and replacement
- 3-knife slant cut rotor (steep angle) including solid knife carriers
- High carbon, high chrome (D2) rotor and bed knives
- Swing down reversible screens with solid edges doubling screen life and providing easy maintenance
- Airveyor discharge
- Options: Conveyors with amperage feedback system; Dust and angel hair removal system; Pneumatic discharge system; Specially designed feed happers
Sterling's Medium Tangential Series granulators feature medium-duty construction, including an easy access base, which creates a stronger design with easy clean out and servicing.
Secured & Safe Checkout :
Description of the Cumberland 2036TF Medium Tangential Granulator (Tangential Series)
Cumberland is an innovator in reclamation equipment and their Medium Tangential Series is certainly proof of that. The Cumberland 2036TF Tangential Granulator is the largest of the units with a massive 36" infeed opening. This is angled to grant safe and easy hand or conveyor feeding. It is also at a useful 63" height to accommodate any sort of process. The series has been designed to tackle some of the most demanding reclamation work, including the granulation of such things as large items and rejects from rotational, injection, and blow molding. Naturally, the tangential design of the unit facilitates easier handling, but it is the jaw-like enclosure of the bed knives and the rotor blades that are the key.
In the Cumberland 2036TF Tangential Granulator, materials head from the infeed into the 20" cutting circle. Inside of this chamber they are held by the dual bed knives made from HCHC D2 and which are reversible, adjustable, and at a counter slant to the rotor. This has three HCHC D2 blades that are at a steep angle. The rotor itself is of the open design for air cooling and flow to guarantee the best processing possible. There is very little friction created as the knives do their work and the maximum air flow prevents any polymer melt or smearing. The materials pass through the 3/8" screen (which is double sided and reversible for long wear and long life) and then head out through the airveyor discharge. The 40HP TEFC motor is capable of sending 2k pounds per hour of throughput, and can operate at extremely quiet levels. The Cumberland 2036TF Tangential Granulator can be fully sound dampened to 85 decibels or less for most use.
In addition to all of the excellent standard features, this unit can be equipped with many unique options as well. It can feature a pneumatic discharge system, a special feed hopper, dust management and removal equipment, and even a conveyor with amperage feedback. This shows that safety is also a major part of the design of the Cumberland 2036TF Tangential Granulator and the NEMA Type 12 controls are also equipped with the latest OSHA/ANSI specifications too. Easy to clean, offering parts that enjoy a long life and lots of wear, and optimized for safety and quiet operation, the Cumberland 2036TF Tangential Granulator is a good choice for those in need of high capacity and heavy duty processing, without the space or desire for a larger and noisier machine.
Line Drawings Cumberland Medium Tangential Series Granulators
|Max Throughput||2800 lbs/hr (1270kg/hr)|
|Cutting Chamber||30” x 45” (762mm x 1143mm)|
|Rotor||3 & 5 blade available on 2045TF, 5 & 7 available on 3030/3045 series|
|Screen||Drop down screen cradle|
|Weight||8220 lbs (3729kg)|