Cumberland 2024TF Medium Tangential Granulator (Tangential Series) (Discontinued)
Features of Medium Tangential Granulators
- Tangential feed cutting chamber
- Large 20" cutting circles on rotor for efficient processing of large bulky products
- Integral full machine sound enclosures
- Different Motor options with adjustable throughput: 30 HP one is good for 1400 lbs./hr (630 kg); 40 HP one is good for 2000 lbs./hr (907kg)
- Front access doors with safety interlocks
- Dual bed knives - counter slant,reversible and adjustable, doubling knife life
- Convenient lower height of 63"
- Fully sound-dampened to 85dBa or less for most applications
- Machine bolted/doweled assembly for ease of cleaning and replacement
- 3-knife slant cut rotor (steep angle) including solid knife carriers
- High carbon, high chrome (D2) rotor and bed knives
- Swing down reversible screens with solid edges doubling screen life and providing easy maintenance
- Airveyor discharge
- Options: Conveyors with amperage feedback system; Dust and angel hair removal system; Pneumatic discharge system; Specially designed feed happers
Sterling's Medium Tangential Series granulators feature medium-duty construction, including an easy access base, which creates a stronger design with easy clean out and servicing.
Secured & Safe Checkout :
Description of the Cumberland 2024TF Medium Tangential Granulator (Tangential Series)
It is not common for large and bulky waste or parts to be easily processed by a medium-sized machine, but the Cumberland Medium Tangential Series of granulators can actually handle some of the most challenging materials. The units can provide a viable solution for those who must reclaim large items such as large injection and blow molding parts, rotational molding rejects, and more. The Cumberland 2024TF Tangential Granulator is the smaller of the two models in the series and has a 24" x 20" infeed that is angled for easy conveyor or hand feeding. The low 63" height of the opening makes it easy and flexible to use. The materials enter the cutting chamber where they encounter a unique "trap". They are granulated by dual bed knives (adjustable and reversible) as well as the three knife slant cut rotor. The two sets of knives act like a jaw and hold materials of all sizes and weights in place as they are processed. The blades are HCHC D2 and are reversible for wear. The screen is 3/8" and is accessible via the swing down access. Screens are double sided and reversible to ensure long life. The interior of the machine is bolted and doweled and smooth to allow material flow as well as easy upkeep.
The 30HP TEVC motor can handle a throughput rate of 1400 pounds per hour and the open design of the rotor guarantees air flow, sound dampening, efficiency, and maximum cooling. Rather than any polymer melting or smearing occurring, the Cumberland 2024TF Tangential Granulator can actually prevent and eliminate risks. Materials are then sent into the standard airveyor discharge, but can also be handled in other ways when some of the standard options are selected. Controls for the unit are the NEMA Type 12 variety and use OSHA/ANSI safety specifications. There is also a power disconnect for safety too. The options available for the Cumberland 2024TF Tangential Granulator include special feed hoppers, conveyors with amperage feedback, pneumatic discharge features, dust removal systems, and more. When you are reclaiming heavy duty materials you need a system that guarantees results. The jaw-like design of the Cumberland 2024TF Tangential Granulator prevents any sort of problems during the processing, and the durability of the parts ensure that they provide long term performance too. This unit is a good choice for those in need of high capacity, uniform, and heavy duty reclamation.
Line Drawings Cumberland Medium Tangential Series Granulators
|Max Throughput||2800 lbs/hr (1270kg/hr)|
|Cutting Chamber||30" x 45" (762mm x 1143mm)|
|Rotor||3 & 5 blade available on 2045TF, 5 & 7 available on 3030/3045 series|
|Screen||Drop down screen cradle|
|Weight||8220 lbs (3729kg)|