Video of the MBM 93M Paper Folder
Description of the MBM 93M Manual Paper Folder
The MBM 93M manual paper folder is an efficient, state-of-the-art paper folder. Replacing the 87M model, the 93M offers a programmable counter with batch and total functions. These user-friendly programmable options decreases the amount of time spent manually setting up each folding project. Operation is extremely simple. The 93M offers color coded fold plate graphics that guarantee accurate placement of paper stops so that you never have to worry about ruining a folding project. Another beneficial feature is the automatic stop when the last sheet of paper is folded. Simply push a button, and precise folds are executed in seconds. The MBM 93M has a sheet capacity of up to 150 sheets, processing at a rate of 7,200 sheets per hour. This handy paper folder accepts a range of paper sizes, from 4 x 5 inches to 8 ½ x 14 inches, and paper weights, up to 31 lbs bond (16 to 80 lbs offset)***. If fold plates are inaccurately positioned, the control panel display indicates this malfunction. The MBM 93M provides 4 different fold types for you to choose from: letter, half, “Z,” and double parallel.
The MBM 93M’s compact desktop design allows this convenient letter folder to fit anywhere. It is very portable, so it makes a great addition in a variety of settings, including offices, churches, and schools. The feed table and exit tray even fold in to allow for easy storage. The automatic exit conveyor and extended exit tray produces a tidy, fanned stack of paper. Convenient and practical, the 93M allows you to load your paper and retrieve the finished pieces from the same side. With the MBM 93M paper folder, you truly get your money’s worth. This is an excellent choice for lower amounts of folding at an excellent price.
|Fold Adjustment Setting||Manual fold adjustment|
|Feed Tray Capacity||Up to 150|
|Fold Speed||7,200 sheets/hour|
|Fold Types||Half Fold, Letter Fold (Tri), Z Fold, Double Parrellel Fold|
|Pre-programmed Standard Folds||6|
|Accepted Paper Sizes||4'' x 5'' to 8 1/2'' x 14''|
|Accepted Paper Weights||Up to 31 lbs. bond (16 to 80 lbs. Offset)|
|Voltage||120 V; other voltages available|
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
- Bought this from Whitaker Brothers. Great place to buy things, price was great free shipping, great customer service. This folder rocks. Have had it for 2 years and it is heavily used. I clean it once a month with the cleaning solution and change the PU roller once a year. It maintains the sort order, the only one in this price range that does that. I another folder without the belt and it added hours onto large fold jobs. Can't beat this filer or this price.
By Daredevil Events Inc.
- Read the reviews, purchased the folder, hopes and dreams fulfilled. Seriously this is great for what we paid for it.
Great Small Folder
- I bought this folder for my church a few months ago and it has worked great. We use it to fold our weekly bulletins. We are a small church that only folds about 400 bulletins a month so this machine was perfect for us
30 Day Review
- My machine was sent without an instruction manuel and that is only complaint that I have today. Folding machine adjustments are logical, Noise very tolerable, fold crisp, jamming has not happened, exiting is stacked up which is Very easy.
- This machine works perfectly. It is a little load, but it is a paper folding machine. The noise is expected. Fan the papers that you put in and no jams. This is a machine that you can fill and walk away from without worrying about the machine jamming. I would definitely recommend it for light to medium use.
We just received the MBM 93M Folder. My primary issue so far is that the feeder won't take more than one sheet at a time even if there's a pile in the tray. It's almost as if there's too much "give" on the tray? PLEASE HELP!Thanks so much.This is probably the result of using paper that is too heavy for the machine to process, or the feed tray spring came loose in shipping. If you can verify that you're using paper that is 30lb bond or below, then contact the manufacturer at 800-223-2508 for instructions on reaffixing the feed tray spring.
Is this a new unit or refurbished? The price seems great in comparison, so I am wanting to be sure prior to purchase. Thanks!This is brand new, direct from the manufacturer.
When using the single fold mode, letter size paper, the paper creases at the folded edge as if it is hitting the stopper plate too hard.This is a very rare problem that occurs due to leftover adhesive from the packing tape. That small amount of stickiness from the residue causes the creases you're talking about. Clean it off with some water or alcohol and it should be good to go.
can you adjust the z fold so the address will be right for window envelopes?The folds are all fully adjustable. If you set this machine for a Z fold, and the address isn't appearing in the window, you can easily make slight adjustments to the fold plates until you get the result you wanted. Although I should mention that there is equipment out there that will fold your paper, insert it into an envelope, and seal the envelope all in one pass. They're a little bit more expensive than standard paper folders but they save you incredible amounts of labor. They are called Folder Inserters.
Do you have to fan the paper when you put it in?NO! Fan feeding is a thing of the past, the MBM 93M can take a stack of paper and fold it without any fan feeding or babysitting of the equipment whatsoever. Now if you are running paper that is right out of a printer then you're going to have problems. The paper will be full of static, it'll curl due to the heat, and the toner won't be dry yet. So please wait 1-2 hours or more after printing paper to run it through your folder.
Can this machine fold sets of 3 paged documents, unstapled?The MBM 93M does not have a multisheet feeder. It can fold the paper individually, but it cannot take a set of three and fold them together. Most customers who are folding sets of paper are then putting the paper directly into an envelope. That is a process better suited for a folder-inserter.
Can this unit be used to count paper as well? I need a paper counter and a paper folder. Looking for an economical unit that can do both.It does have a resettable counter, however it can only count documents that you have folded. It is not possible to set the machine to a count-only mode. It has to do something to the paper.